Friday, December 13, 2013

Mango Mousse cake

Two weeks before Thanksgiving Day, my co-worker asked me to make her a mango mousse cake as a dessert for the Thanksgiving family dinner. Of course, I was happy to do so.

First, I went out to buy mangoes. Even though mangoes can be found all year, but they are best from late May through the summer. That means they are not in season now! I needed to find the best mangoes possible because I planned to cover the side of the cake with mango slices. I went to a few markets and finally got some better looking mangoes in Whole Foods.

This cake was made up of alternating layers of chiffon cake and mango mousse, covered with mango slices, and topped with a thin layer of whipping cream, raspberry, blueberry, and a chocolate turkey as decoration. I loved the overall look, texture, taste and aroma of this cake. I especially liked the fact that the cake was entirely covered with flesh mangoes!!

When we returned to work on Monday, my co-worker told me that everyone at the party loved this cake, even her fastidious son. I was really happy to hear that.




No comments:

Post a Comment