Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Dog Bowl Cake - First time making a fondant cake


My cousin-in-law asked me to make her a doggy theme cake. I started off thinking what kind of cake I should make? Buttercream cake seems more suitable for theme decorations. I've thought of making a doggy-shaped cake, but I couldn't find a recipe that is both tasty and good for sculpting (plus, I am not good in sculpting either). I searched online trying to find some idea and I saw a dog bowl fondant cake that looks simple to make. I decided to give it a try. 

I baked my favorite cheese sponge cake. This cake has a firm texture and very very moist. I find it very good for buttercream cake and fondant cake (I really don't like pound cakes >.<). Since this is for a puppy's first birthday. I decided to put a cupcake on the dog bowl. The dog food on the bowl is KIX cereal. I hope you like it.









No comments:

Post a Comment