Thursday, December 5, 2013

Why love baking?


I am a novice hobby baker. I started cooking and baking when my daughter, Remi, was born. I’ve never thought I would fall in love with baking before then. In order to give her the healthier sweet treats, I decide to give it a try. I bought the KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer online when I was on sale and started my baking journey. I learned from books, blogs, and YouTube videos. Specially thanks to all the great bakers out there, they have generously shared their great recipes, decorating techniques, their expertise and experience with me. I truly appreciate it.
I discovered I love baking, I really really love it.

Baking is like magic. When you look at the flour, sugar, egg and butter, you have no idea what they will become. They can become a thousand things. They can be a cake, they can be a cookie, they can be a pie, they can be anything. It’s a kind of transformation. It’s an excitement of taking the raw ingredients and transforming them into something else. I bake for pleasure of having a cake at family/friends garthering and say “here, take a piece, I made them especially for you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment