Friday, January 24, 2014

Cream Cheese Strawberry Mousse Cake


Becoming a princess is one of many dreams a girl can have. For all the girls who are in the 'princess stage', a princess cake on their birthday might fulfill their dream. 

Fairy stories are not based on historical fact, instead, they're products of human imaginations. I've read many fairy stories when I was young, but I never think in depth what the meaning behind these stories. The fairy story "Sleeping beauty" is about princess under an evil spell who could be awakened only by a prince's kiss. The prince represents "truth" fighting through the stinging evil, and the kiss symbolizes "love". Love and truth will eventually overcome the evil and false beliefs. 

Back to the cake, this time my friend request strawberry cheese cake with a lot of strawberries. I chose to make the cream cheese strawberry mousse because it's not as sweet and heavy as regular cheese cakes. I knew my friend likes it to be light and fruity. 

I used dark chocolate to outline the princess and finished it using white chocolate with pink and yellow candy colors. Again, I used the same technique as FBCT. Chocolate works great on a mousse cake :)



No comments:

Post a Comment