Sunday, January 26, 2014

Homework for this weekend

I had two cakes that were due today. A 2-tier Strawberry mousse cake and a Chanel handbag cake.
I made the similar 2-tier mousse cake before with similar decoration, except for that one had mango mousse inside. This cake seems too red since I used only strawberry and raspberry to decorate. I wish I had some blueberry at home so that I can make the cake look more colorful~



The Chanel handbag cake is alway in my to-do list and I can finally make one. My cousin asked me to make a Chanel gift box at first, but I decide to make the medium bag instead. However, I ended up cutting the cake wider and shorter compared to the real size of the bag. LOL!!! I don't want to throw away the cake and make another one. I've ever thought of making a makeup bag instead~ But I really wanted to make the handbag >.< 

So yeah! I made it. Despite of the size, I like everything of the bag. Covering the cake was easier than I thought, the only thing that took time was the chain. Next time I will make the chain one day ahead to speed up the process.







No comments:

Post a Comment