Friday, January 3, 2014

2-tier Strawberry Mango Mousse Cake

A few days ago my friend asked me to make a strawberry mango mousse cake and she likes it.
Today, she told me to make another one with 2 tiers for a little girl's birthday. The one I made before was bi-color, I chose pink to be the main color since it's for a girl. Therefore, I first made a 5" and an 8" mango mousse cake. Then put them into a 6" and 9" cake rings accordingly, and then filled them up with strawberry mousse. For decorations, I make three 3D chocolate cartoon figures and placed them onto the cake. I used chocolate transfer sheet to make the "Happy Birthday" sign.


This is my first time making a 2-tier cake, I was afraid that the cake would collapse, but it didn't happen ;)
My advice for stacking a tier mousse cake: 
  1. Use a toothpick to draw a 6" circle on top of the 9" cake, this serves as a guideline where you would put your 6" cake.
  2. Use a spatula to lift the 6" cake, and carefully transfer it to the 9" cake, and gently place it on top.
  3. Slowly slide the spatula out. 


Hope you have a wonderful birthday party tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment