Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Bumble Bee Cake

A friend of mine asked me to make a bumble bee fondant cake with a crown on top. As I've never made that before, I would love to take this opportunity to make it. I baked the cake using 2 6" round cake pans and 2 hemisphere cake pans using my favorite green tea cream cheese cake. Then, I cut out the shape and iced the cake with green tea Italian meringue buttercream.
I pipped some buttercream on the cake board as "grass", and I've also made some little bees, putting them around the Queen bee. 
Here's the crown.

Maybe you would ask "Where are the wings?"
I did made the wings, but when I took the pictures, the wings were not dry enough to hold their shape yet :)


My daughter really like it! She asked me to make one for her on her birthday :)

Last but not least, I would like to thank my friend, she gave me the opportunity and trust to try a different fondant cake. I really appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment