Thursday, December 26, 2013

Bow Loop Fondant Cake

Today is my cousin's friend Zoe's birthday. My cousin asked me to make a cake for her. She only told me that she want it to be in pink and white. This gave me a lot of space for imagination. It sounds like she trust me on my cake designs, which I really appreciate. 

Initially, I was thinking to make a Chanel bag cake for her (I know she likes Chanel a lot :D). However, since she just gave birth to a beautiful girl, I decided to make this Bow Loop cake to cherish her as a new mother. 

This is the third fondant cake that I made. I couldn't have the fondant covered smoothly, which is really frustrated. There were some small tears at the bottom of the cake, that's why I used a white strip to cover the bottom. I also put some little flowers on the spots that had tears. I believe practices makes perfect, hopefully I will have more opportunity to make fondant cakes :)

The bow loop is really easy to do. Just cut the strips, Hang them over a small rolling pin, moisten one edge with water and pinch them together. Let it dry until it holds its shape. Take the loops out from the rolling pin carefully and assemble the loops on the cake. Easy, right? 







No comments:

Post a Comment